1. Packed up and pulled the sheets of my bunk bed that was as good as sleeping on concrete, but great place and great folks 🙂
2. Had green curry with chicken and rice for breakfast.
3. Walked, sat by the canal, walked some more. Stopped and got a delicious pineapple and mango smoothie from a street vendor …..mmmmmm!!!
4. Headed to the Chiang Mai airport and caught a ride to Mandalay, Myanmar. Grabbed a ride in a shared van for a ride around town. Beautiful sunset! Ended up at the Peacock Lodge….a recommended splurge… Worth it so far! Nice private room, an outside courtyard and a great dinner. Can’t complain so far!
5. Scheduled a 5 am motorbike taxi to watch the sunrise, then 8 am bus to Kalaw! Getting out of town!
Wait, a couple of interesting things here…
they have cars with right side steering wheels because they are imported from Thailand, but drive on the right side of the road…
It is 1/2 hour time difference from Thailand…
7 Replies to “Goodbye Thailand, Hello Myanmar”
We’re happy you are enjoying your trip.
Sunny wants to know where you are now! She is missing her friend😜 Stay in touch and we can’t wait to hear about your adventures when you get home!!
We love you!
Hello from Laos! Just completed a two day boat trip down the Mekong. Love and hugs!
Glad you are having a wonderful time! We miss you!
Thinking about you guys!
LOVE it, looks like you’re having a good time.
Love following your adventure! 🙂
And no snow insite!!! Keep the photos coming , Enjoy